Made To MoveLearn. Laugh. Transform.
Imagine Getting Healthier And Feeling Better As You Get Older!
Made To Move group classes might be perfect for you if:
- You have a lot to do with your life – you need a body that works right & feels great.
- You love to learn and laugh as well as to move.
- You want to create a more sustainable yoga practice.
- You’re ready to challenge yourself with something new and different.
- You’ve never been an exerciser but things aren’t working right any more – you know it’s time to start doing something to look after yourself.
- You’ve always been an exerciser but things aren’t working right any more – you know it’s time to do something different!
- You’ve been following Katy Bowman and Nutritious Movement for a while and you’re ready to take your practice to the next level.
Made To Move classes are designed to help you take charge of your health. The exercises will help you create knees that last a lifetime, a strong and supple core, shoulders that can bear the load, a spine that’s springy and stable from top to bottom, feet that bounce out of bed in the morning and hips that can take you wherever you want to go. They’re great for any level of mover, so that you can:
- Get stronger, more stable, more mobile and more aligned from the tips of your toes to the top of your head.
- Transform your body with gentle yet challenging exercises.
- Learn better ways to stand, walk, sit, squat, carry & even swing from monkey bars.
- Nourish your body & brain with mindful, nutritious movement.
Classes are held weekly in Toronto’s West Queen West and Roncesvalles neighbourhoods.
Find A Class Near You!
Try A Free Class!
We know this stuff is new, and it can take some getting used to! That's why I've teamed up with the lovely Alison Crouch of Boomerang Pilates to offer a totally FREE Whole Body Alignment intro class one Saturday a month! Both new and returning students are always welcome!
(P.S. Clicking the link above will take you off my site and to the Boomerang Pilates booking page - don't be surprised!).
I have been taking Restorative Exercise classes with Petra for 1 ½ years, after I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees (likely requiring knee replacements within 12-18 months). Petra was determined to help me avoid surgery, and my surgeon said very recently that I can now put off the replacements for 10 years!
Petra is intelligent, very kind and full of personality. Her enthusiasm is infectious, and she has a good sense of humour. Also, it’s obvious that she both loves her work, and lives it. Since she had a very different career prior to teaching, she is living inspiration that it’s possible to make permanent, beneficial changes to one’s movement patterns and body.
Read more.Luiza M.
Petra is a wonderful instructor. I was nervous about taking this class because I’ve never had much sense of my body or how to use it, and I wasn’t sure if my chronic back pain would allow me to participate fully in the exercises.
Petra’s teaching style put me at ease right away, though. She explains everything step by step and encourages everyone to go at their own pace, as well as providing modifications for injuries. It is obvious that Petra is incredibly knowledgeable about alignment and her enthusiasm is infectious.
The small class format was an added bonus, as it allowed me to ask questions and receive personalized feedback from Petra about my own progress, which was invaluable.
I really like that I can integrate a lot of the exercises not only into my home practice but throughout my entire day! I now feel like my body is less of a mystery to me because I understand the basic principles of alignment and I have discovered some of my own unconscious habits. If you want to learn to move your body better, I highly recommend this class.Taryn O.
Not Sure What's Best For You?
Still not sure what’s best for you? No problem! Let’s chat. We’ll discuss where you’re at right now and – together – figure out the perfect program for you.